Help us amplify our collective voice by joining Women’s Shelters Canada.
Individual shelters can become associate members of Women’s Shelters Canada (formerly the Canadian Network of Women’s Shelters and Transition Houses). Together our impact is greater. We are a recognized, collective, pan-Canadian voice for the women’s shelter sector. Your support will enable transformative work at the national level and greater connections between shelters in all regions of the country. This includes:
- Shelter exchange/mentorship program
- Shelter Voices (national survey platform for awareness of the work of shelters)
- Development of a comprehensive profile of shelters across Canada
- National Action Plan on Violence against Women
- A national shelter conference in June 2018
1. Being part of a recognized, collective pan-Canadian voice on VAW and shelters/transition houses
2. Sectoral updates, policy analysis, and resources via a regular newsletter
3. Access to the shelter exchange program and WSC workshops
4. Webinars (e.g. on fundraising and inclusive service models)
5. 20% discount for TWO registrations to our national shelter conference in June 2018
6. The first 100 new members receive a $100 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card (only 10 left!)
2017-2018 membership in effect from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019
- $700 if your annual budget is greater than $750,000 and you have more than one shelter location (emergency or second stage)
- $500 if your annual budget is greater than $750,000
- $300 if your annual budget is less than $750,000
- $3500 if your shelter is not a member of one of the Network’s member provincial/territorial shelter associations
Download the associate membership application form here and email or mail it to Kaitlin Bardswich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 85 Albert St, Suite 1501, Ottawa ON K1P 6A4.
Membership payments can be mailed by cheque to the address above or paid through PayPal or credit card below.